Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Why College

    Hello. My name is Telisha. I grew up in Weaver Alabama, not far from here. I graduated from Weaver High School in 1995. Oh yes, it's been a long time since I've sat in a classroom! I have spent the last century raising my children and jumping from one dead end job to another. When I was in high school I had big dreams of getting out of here. I pictured myself going to school out of state. I wanted to travel to some big city across the map. I dreamed of having a great career and a nice apartment overlooking the city. I thought I would be "living it up" and only coming back home for the holidays. Somehow it didn't quite happen like that. Now, all these years later, I am still living near my hometown. I haven't really been anywhere. I am unhappy, unemployed, and practically uneducated because, well lets face it, a high school education gets you nowhere except into college.
    I am here today because I need change in my life. I am here to improve my financial situation, raise my self-esteem a little, and broaden my mind. Who knows, with a little luck and a lot of hard work, maybe I'll get that dream job after all.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Its great that you want to improve and strive for your dream job!

    ReplyDelete